Help for readers
Help for project members
- Mediawiki help
- Direct link to Editing
- Direct link to Formatting
- Direct link to Wikitext Examples
- Sandbox - try it out!
- Why can't I edit pages?
- Editing pages of the swissbib project wiki is restricted to members of the project
- How can I become a member?
- if you work in a library of one of a swissbib Project partners, please send an email to the SysOp. We will send you an account and a password.
- Can the whole world see what I have written?
- Generally: yes. Articles in the principal namespace of the swissbib project wiki are readable by the whole world. They are also searchable by internet search engines, and anyone can make a link on these pages.
- Can I protect some pages?
- Yes. There are namespaces reserved for members and staff. See Permissions for working examples.
- Can I protect files I upload?
- Yes. The system is the same as for pages. Just add a namespace like defined in Permissions.
- What Sprache faut-il utilizzare?
- English, Deutsch, Français, Italiano: all welcome. See Project:language policy for a discussion.
- What is a stub?
- A stub is a short article in need of expansion. Wiki staff and members will find a list of stub pages on Category:Stub.
- How do I find information about special templates that help me draw tables and alike?
- All available templates are bundled in the category "templates": Category:Templates. You get more usage-infos on the different templates on their pages.
- How do I have to proceed to do fancy stuff with documents/images and alike?
- There are specific help pages on mediawiki for that
- How can I link on swissbib.ch or other resources without the risk of broken links?
- Wiki has the concept of interwiki links that lets you build url by adding a term to a previously defined namespace:
- mw = lets you find mediawiki-pages
- chb = places a search on "swissbib.ch"
- wikipedia = lets you search in the English wikipedia