Metadata-enrichment has different facets.
- One way is enrichment by deduplication, which is currently one of the pillars of swissbib.
- Additionally swissbib uses name-authority data of three local networks to enrich controlled name form with secondary forms. Through this some aspects of multilingualism are tackled by adding secondary names for example of corporate bodies in different languages.
- The biggest part of metadata-enrichment currently takes place mainly on the search engine level by the additional indexing of full text.
- In the field of name authority data swissbib will include the viaf-data for enrichment in order to benefit from a multitude of different names.
- On the level of the search engine the multilingual macs-data should be used as thesaurus for subject headings.